Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Books

I'm a very sophisticated man. I'm so sophisticated, that sometimes I open books and turn the pages. And every once in a while, I even read the pages. If a book says, "Joe ate a turkey sandwich," I read the words, "Joe ate a turkey sandwich. Or if a book says, "Joe ate a bologna sandwich," then I read the words, "Joe ate a bologna sandwich." Whatever the words say about Joe and his sandwich, that's what I read. Turkey sandwich, bologna sandwich--even a burrito. That's how I do things. I'm a book reader. I read books. Books like The Cat in the Hat. It's a magnificent tale of a cat. Spoiler alert: the cat wears a hat. You flip through 61 pages, and guess what? Even if you read all the words on those pages, you still never find out why the cat is wearing a hat. The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss. 11 million copies sold. Don't forget to read the book's bestselling and even more ludicrous follow ups: The Goat in a Boat, The Ape in a Cape, The Whale in a Pail, and The Cheetah in a Fajita.


No comments:

Post a Comment